Monday, November 2, 2015

FieldBlog5: Bryden Elementary- Visit 3

Honestly, I have really been enjoying Bryden. I find the school to be very great and I think that I am learning a lot. Today's visit was very typical and nothing really interesting happened. Today in science, the second graders moved on from the topic of weather and weather instruments to the topic of arachnids and insects. The class began by the teacher having the students sit on the floor in front of the board. From there, she pulled up several different images of a variety of spiders. She explained the differences of each type of spider, and whether they were poisonous or not. The kids were all really interested by this, and some were even disgusted a bit. After this, the students worked in partners on a worksheet relating to the spiders. After science, the students had snack time and Bison time. During this time there were actually only three students that stayed in the class after snack. It was nice because I was able to talk to these students and learn more about them. We talked about Halloween and their costumes, and I even told them a little bit about myself. They were all just working on Halloween activities with their sight words. It was interesting for me to see how Ms. Mock incorporated the sight words in a fun and themed way. This visit was not as eventful as the others, but I feel as if I now have a stronger ability to notice the things in the classroom that we have discussed from class.

No comments:

Post a Comment